2020 ASC/MRS Best Technology Innovation Award
If you wish to enter we will need you to complete our online entry form as fully as possible – available on the latest ASC award events page. Do pay particular attention to the instructions regarding the level and amount of information required.
Your submitted online form must be completed by the deadline shown in the events page. We will notify all applicants, upon receipt of the entry form, to confirm that the information provided is complete. Please contact us urgently if you have not received an acknowledgement by email.
The first round of selection, for the short list of nomination, will be based entirely upon the written submission. It is therefore important that you provide as much information as clearly as possible. If you can also include a detailed endorsement or other feedback from the users, clients or beneficiaries of the software this is often useful to the judges in deciding between competing entries.
Conditions of Entry
Applicants for the award must be able and willing to accept these conditions of the award. Entry will constitute a complete and binding acceptance of these conditions.
- A fee of £350 per entry is charged to cover the administration costs of the award. Payment can be made by credit card or BACS. An invoice will be sent by email on receipt of the online entry form. This fee is required for each software or technology to be entered into one or both awards. More than one software or technology can be entered by paying an additional entry fee.
- To be able to attend in person or send a representative to receive the award at the Awards event in London on the date shown in the schedule if your required
- To accept that the decision of the judging panel is final.
- The judging panel agree to respect the commercial confidentiality of the information provided on the application form and all other information requested of the application or any nominated referees.
- To make available for the judging panel, a demonstration of the technology via webinar at a time convenient to the judging panel.
- To provide any information requested by the judging panel for the purpose of assessing the application for the award and answer any questions accurately, truthfully and to the best of their ability.
- To warrant that the referee(s) provided are independent of and derive no financial or other benefit from the award that may compromise their ability to provide objective information to the judging panel. For the avoidance of doubt, applicants should clearly state any relationship that could give rise to such a potential conflict of interest.
Technology Innovation Award Entries will be judged according to the following criteria.
- Innovation in the application of technology to support any aspect of the practice of market, opinion or social research. This innovation may be through the development of new technology, or improvements to existing technology. Similarly the innovation may be through development or improvement of techniques or methodologies based on technology.
- Effectiveness, as experienced by substantial improvements being enjoyed by the beneficiaries of the technology. This may include improvements to the quality or usefulness of the research being delivered, the efficiency or reliability of the research process, or other improvements that provide measurable benefits or advantages to consumers of research.
- Applicability, so that others may benefit from this innovation. That aspects of the solution provided may be widely or universally applicable to research and available for others to implement or develop, or that the motivations and processes behind the technology are available as an inspiration to others.
- Design quality, in that the technology and any user interfaces are designed to a high standard, consider fully the needs of those who will use the technology and offer an efficient, clear and reliable solution.
In reaching a decision, the judging panel will also take into consideration the following:
- an approach consistent with research best practice, professional standards and ethics;
- an approach consistent with technological best practice and industry standards;
- a commitment to open interfaces, open standards or open source software.
If you have any further questions relating to entry procedures, conditions or the award criteria, please contact the ASC administrator, Christine Jenkins